Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Looking forward to the friendship of my 6 year old

So a couple days ago I had a rough day and came to a point where I broke down to tears. I haven't done that in quite awhile... especially in front of the kids. My dearest mother-in-law came over and scooped up the three older kids for the afternoon so I could get caught up on life and put my head back on straight. That evening my Mom spur of the moment decided she wanted to take my older two kids with her down to Tracy, MN to visit my Grandma over night. As they were traveling home I got to talk to them on the phone. My kids sounded like they had a blast. But boy did that have news to share... Grandma got pulled over by a cop!! I got quite the ear full about that! They have never seen that happen before. HA! Anyways, as they were traveling home Isaac wanted to tell me about everything. Then after he got done sharing all his stories with me he moves on to ask how I'm doing. Here's our conversation below:
ISAAC (real chipper and cute): So Mom...how are you doing?
ME: I'm doing good Isaac. How are you doing?
ISAAC: I'm good. So...are you handling Lukey ok?
ME (trying to hold my laugh in): Yep. We're doing great.
ISAAC (still real chipper): So have you cried at all today?
ME: Nope. I'm doing good.

And then at this point I burst out laughing. I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with my 6 year old. It was great! It was so cute to see my little boy's heart of concern for his Mommy and trying to be an equal peer to me! I wish I could express to you just how he asked it because that was half the cuteness of it! I look forward to his older years where we have more conversations like this and actually become friends! But for now...I like that he's still my little boy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment