Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Who I am- going deeper

An old friend visited our church on Sunday and said, "Oh Danielle! I googled you and found your blog from like 3 years ago!" I died. I think my heart may have stopped for sheer embarrassment. Yes, I was that blogger who started strong, and then slowly faded away. I still cringe.

Wowzers! Has it really been over 2 years since I posted? Oye! Ok people, so here's what happened...I had a 4th baby... and life got crazy...and that ended my blogging days. UNTIL NOW! I have had on my heart to start writing and studying again for some time. I finally am at a point where I have a bit more of that precious commodity we call, TIME. What is my excuse now, right? If all else fails, I can at least post this one post and call it good for a few more years right? Because I mostly post my funnies on facebook now, I rarely deem it necessary to blog. I have literally turned my facebook posts in to hard copied books that sits on my coffee table. But for whatever reason, there is a desire in my heart STILL, to bring life to people through laughter, or an encouraging word. And sometimes facebook is just not the right outlet for that. I know...hard to believe even for me. :-)

In the past few months I have come to articulate about myself a few things.  Not only do I value authenticity and real relationships above all, but the bottom line is this: I LOVE LAUGHTER. I love to hear people laugh, I love to make people laugh, and I love laughing! I prize this more than a good cup of coffee and any other small treasures life has. I am talking good, clean, wholesome laughter. I am embracing this fully as I realize, THIS IS WHO I AM. And I am ok with that.

I am also realizing more and more, that my heart desires to bring such encouragement to people. Something I desire deeply, is to bring LIFE to people. To be able to help bring wind to someone's sail, joy to a sorrowed heart, or balm to a wound...please Jesus, USE ME for your glory. This also, is the passion of who I desire to be.

These are two passions that are emerging greatly in my life as I reflect more and more. God has used me during the past 7 years in the business of massage to bring life to people physically, spiritually, and emotionally.  And it has been an incredible journey. But the fire in me is greater than just massage. I feel like have more to give.

So with that being said, I have no idea what I will write about. (Real encouraging for you reader, eh?) I just know that these two passions are weaving into more areas of my life. God has a greater purpose that I don't yet see. So for now, I take the first step of where he's leading me by picking up my blog once again.

If you are someone who needs a bit of encouragement, loves to have a good laugh, and values being real, then I encourage you to stay tuned for more to come. As I re-read the last paragraph in the "More about Me" section, I was encouraged to see my heart in what I had written 4 years ago, still applied to me today. "I have nothing to impress you with and I have nothing to hide." It's just me wanting to connect with you. I am excited for this new journey.

And although I had a moment of sheer embarrassment that Sunday morning, I am so thankful for it. It confirmed in my heart what was already shouting to me. "Start writing again Danielle. It doesn't matter that you don't know grammar. Just write." So thank you, my dear friend, you know who you are, for googling me and reading the outdated version of my life. Here's to a fresh start!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this blog. Your words have always been uplifting and memorable. I know that we are not as close of friends, but I still have cherished you throughout the years. Thank you and god bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you for your encouragement! That means a lot to me and encourages me that I am not writing for nothing. I have to know...WHO ARE YOU? ;-)

      Delete