Sunday, August 28, 2011

3 Things You Should Never Combine

(Many of you probably saw my facebook post last week about eating icecream. I thought I'd share with ya'll the REST of the story.)

My husband and I made the first icecream cones of the summer for a fun treat that evening. Chris had just brought the older kids upstairs to put them to bed and I thought I would enjoy a little down time. My baby was a little fussy so I thought I'd watch a little TV as I sat on the couch with him in my lap with one arm and the cone in my other hand. I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of my cone until I realized it was dripping out the bottom. And guess what it was dripping on? Yep, my sweet little baby boy's head!! Ahhh!!  I looked down and saw 2 huge drippings and one was about to make a major plunge down the side of his head to his ear. What was a girl to do? I had one hand filled with a baby and the other holding the cone. No one else was in the room to help. Well, what would you do? Yep, you guessed it. I leaned forward and slurped the icecream from my sweet little boy's head. (I can hear all your EWWWWW'S ya know...shhhh.) The thing I was most bummed about was the fact that he had just had a bath! Oh well...it just seems like they never can stay clean for long. I was sorry that I just happened to be the one to "ruin" the clean baby. So the moral of the story...never combine TV, a baby, and a tired mommy eating a cone. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment