Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bed Time Adventures

Every now and then my kids will find an old toy or possession that they have forgotten about for a long time and realize they still really like that particular item. They will play with it all day long until the "newness of the old" wears off once again. Well, for two days now that particular item has been their sleeping bags. Go figure. They are all about their sleeping bags!!! So, they asked Daddy the other night if they could sleep on the floor in their room. "Oh please Daddy, can we sleep on the floor of our room. This is soooo comfortable. We just love the floor!" Of course our first thought is, "All they are going to do is play and talk and not go to sleep." We thought we would give them a chance though. Amazingly they did great! When we went to check on them before we went to bed this is what we saw:
Isaac was pretty much sleeping on Gracie's feet. They had their pillows piled high and they were no where near them. You can't even see where Isaac's pillow was on this picture. We got a good chuckle out of it. The next morning Isaac told us he had to move to his bed in the middle of the night because the floor was too hard for him. Go figure.

Well, the adventure doesn't stop there. Last night the kids begged to sleep on the floor again. I guess Isaac forgot just how hard the floor was. Since they did so well the night before we really didn't mind if they wanted to do it again.  So last night when we went to check on them I was quite surprised by what I saw... I just about knocked into Grace when I opened their door.


In case you are like I was and wondering what this is...this is Grace sleeping on top of 4...yes FOUR pillows!!! I don't know how she did it really?

And here's how Isaac ended up. Completely on the other side of the room.

I ended up taking a couple pictures and I guess by the last picture I took there was enough camera flashing in their room to wake up Grace.

At this point we decided it would be best for Grace to move to her bed. She didn't object in the least. I'm pretty sure her neck and back had to be sore. We are not quite sure why she moved to right in front of the door but that's our Gracie for ya!

As I write about our latest bed time adventure I was thinking about another reason why the kids probably like the floor. Every night Daddy reads and prays with the kids before he puts them to bed. Well, their time with Daddy was on the floor those two nights as well and I think that was half the adventure right there. (Except Daddy can't get up off the floor!) If the kids ask to sleep on the floor again tonight we might just say 'yes' again simply for our own entertainment purposes!! HA! Where and how will they end up again? Oh what we won't do for a laugh... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment