Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jonathan's 4th day- Yeah for progress!

Jonathan got to have his first feeding of breastmilk today! Praying he digests it well so they can continue with them. Also, he is more comfortable today and peeing off some of his fluids that are in his lungs more. His x-rays still show he has fluid in his lungs but it is getting slightly better.  They have also reduced the ventilator again and are slowly trying to wean him. It is looking like this cortosol horomone they are giving him is really helping him. He's making more and more progress. It just seems so SLOW!!!! I just want him to HURRY up and jump through all the hoops he needs to jump through.

Jonathan is more comfortable today as they gave him some medicine to relax him. It's nice to see him sleeping peacefully instead of crying without any sound because of the ventilator. Ugg..that was horrible. It's kind of funny because they have to ask us every day what our "goal" is for the day. I laugh evey time they ask me because to me a "goal" is attainable and something I can work towards and achieve. To to set a goal for my son seems silly. They should really change their wording. LOL!  I understand why they do it though. They want you to keep a positive outlook on things etc. So I try to tell them what they want to hear but the whole thing just cracks me up. Today's goal was that he would be able to tolerate his feedings. Then they say, "Well I think that's a very acievable goal." I just wanna say, "yeah...wonka wonka wonka" or something dorky.

They are also all so happy that we are asking so many questions. They said so many parents just come and look at their babies and that's it. Chris and I totally are learning so much. I think I've learned more medical stuff in 3 days than the past 32 years of my entire life! My doctor was laughing at me because I was trying to repeat back what I would understand he was telling me. I told him I wanted to be able to understand what was happening and to be able to repeat it back to other people as well as know specifically what to pray for.

Today I was encouraged by these scriptures and wanted to share them with you.
"In the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me; He will set me high upon a rock." -Psalm 27:5 This is so true. Last night as I cried with my son I felt like the Lord was standing next to me with his arm around my shoulder. Not only am I comforted and secure in Him, but that he sets my feet HIGH upon a rock. Although this wants to move and shake us...and sometimes it feels like it does...HE is still our rock that we can stand on through all this. He causes our feet to not be moved and gives us His wonderful peace. Now I just need PATIENCE for all this to be over SOON!!
Another scripture was:
"And this small and temporary trouble I suffer will bring me a tremendous and eternal glory, much greater than the trouble. For I fix my attention, not on things that are seen, but on things that are unseen. What can be seen lasts only for a time, but what cannot be seen lasts forever." -2 Corinthians 4:17-18 (GNT) This is just such a little blip in life. This is a light and momentary trouble and in the light of eternity this is nothing. It's obviously not what we want but soon enough it will be over. Keeping the eternal perspective is so key for me.

Lastly, Proverbs 4:20-22 "I will listen closely to God's words. I will not let them out of my sight-I will keep them within my heart; for they are life to all who find them and health for the whole body." God's word is bringing life to us and life to Jonathan's little body.

Well, Chris and I are going to head home here shortly and be home with the kids tonight and tomorrow. We'll head up again tomorrow night and spend the night and Friday again depending on how Jonathan is doing. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment