Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Where's Waldo?

Pop Quiz Question for you:
Which of the following things will get neglected if Danielle is trying to accomplish these all at once?
a) Making Supper
b) Doing the dishes
c) Breaking up fights
d) Keeping Luke out of trouble

Now I know which one your thinking SHOULD get neglected if all of these are happening at the same time. However if you guessed "d" you're correct!

I really thought I was doing well people. Luke was less than 10 feet from me as I was washing up the dishes. He was in our closet in our kitchen. He likes to frequently open the door and pull the broom out and pretend to sweep the floor. Which, other than getting cracked in the head a few times, I really don't mind if he does that. So when I heard him in the closet I assumed that's what he was doing...trying to get the broom. I know you're shaking your head now saying, "Doesn't this girl ever learn her lesson?" If so, you'd be happy to join my husband who I'm sure probably thinks this on a regular basis.

Back to the closet...everything was great until I heard a crinkle sound. I thought, "um... why am I hearing a crinkle sound? I should not be hearing this. I should be hearing the clunking of the broom hitting everything in sight." So I walk 5 steps (yes I literally just went and measured my steps..hee hee) over to look in the closet and this is what I saw:

Was any one else's first thought, "Where's Waldo?"

OK, so the closet is already in need of organization anyways. After this- it's in DIRE need of organization. The crinkle sound I heard was Luke pulling the bag of chips out of the box. Why I did not hear more...I know not. Apparently I was in, "Danielle's World" as my husband so fondly likes to sing to me frequently to the tune of "Elmo's world."  You know the, "La-la-la-la...la-la-la-la...Danielle's World." I guess the above a, b, and c were the focus for me at the time and "d" seemed to be doing just fine. When I first looked in the closet all I could see was his little head poking out and he was practically laying down. It was quite humorous. By the time I got the camera he had managed his way out more.

So, this closet. This WONDERFUL closet. Guess what? It's probably going to remain this way until AFTER I have the baby. 5 weeks. Yep. Cause big-o-belly me doesn't fit very well there and it's pretty uncomfortable to be in tight spaces at this point in time...especially bending over! Until then, I'm sure I'll have more exciting events to share because I just didn't waddle fast enough to stop my little blessing from getting into SOMETHING! But again, it's moments like these that continue to cause me to laugh through life. Yes, it's a bit irritating, but honestly, if you can't enjoy moments like this then I suggest not having kids. :-) 

1 comment: