Friday, March 25, 2011

Jonathan's 6th day- TESTIFY

So today was quite an interesting day. I got to chat with my doctor for awhile and found out he had an arranged marriage! This intrigued me so much I just drilled him with questions because I’ve never met anyone before whose marriage was arranged. It was very interesting to say the least.
Also, today I think my skin has finally had enough of this hand washing stuff. They have a timer that is set for two minutes for you to wash your hands up to your elbows every time you need to come into the NICU wing. My arms are literally burning right now from so much scrubbing this past week.
Isaac, Grace, and Grandma LOVED baby Jonathan. Isaac and Grace had so many questions. Isaac kept asking if he was doing good. He was real concerned about Jonathan. I think they would have rubbed his hair off if we would have let them.

Grandma got to feed him a bottle and spend some time with him while we all went to eat supper together. She said she had a good talk with Jonathan. It was really sweet. 

 Jonathan is now dressed and in a crib. The only wires on him are the ones to monitor his heart rate and breathing. The only thing we are still struggling right now with is his breathing. He seems to be breathing really fast at times. Until this is normal they won’t discharge him. Right now we are pushing to discharge on Sunday. Please continue to pray with us concerning a Sunday discharge. That his breathing would be normal quickly!! Also he’s a little bit jaundice. Nothing to be concerned about but would like prayer for that to go too.
The nurses are having a shift change right now and I’m listening to one fill the other in on Jonathan. As the nurse on duty was telling the new nurse all the progress Jonathan made today she was just in awe over how much progress he made in just one day. She said, “Wow! When he gets better he gets better!” Now, that’s the testimony I was looking for baby!!!! Oh and the lactation consultant went on and on that she was so shocked that he was going to be going home on Sunday. I was almost starting to feel guilty that he was going to come home so soon from the way she was communicating. She just kept saying, “Wow!” She said usually it takes a lot longer and is a slower process. I was so encouraged.The other thing that was funny that the nurse just said as she told the other nurse was, “When this kids happy, he’s happy. When he’s mad, he’s mad. He’s either one or the other.” I thought, “Oh great…another drama king!”
Lastly, as I mentioned earlier Chris left today with the kids back to Fergus. He’s back there now until me and Jonathan can come home. I struggled today with anxiety more so than I have any other day being here. It’s so funny because even when all this was happening and Jonathan was doing much worse I had peace knowing he was going to be ok. I really wasn’t “worried” about him. I knew the Lord was going to take good care of him and he was going to get better. But today, knowing our discharge date could change just freaks me out.  I don’t know why I’m struggling to trust the Lord in this area. Also, the fact that Chris was leaving was really hard for me too. I was trying not to be anxious about it all day long knowing it was approaching, but I really struggled. I fought back the tears as much as I could after they left but didn’t do so good. I’ll be just fine but it was hard seeing them go knowing I’m here solo from here on out. I know some mom’s/wives would love to be solo this long. I’m not really one of them.  I’ve been trying to take my thoughts captive as the battle goes on. It’s been such a blessing that Chris and I could be together this whole time whenever we’d make trips here. God is so good! I’m so thankful for my Mom who has done most of the grunt work here with my other kids. I'd say she’s pretty amazing considering the only real trauma we had was she bleached Luke's blanket and dressed them in the same exact clothes two days in a row! LOL!
OHH!!! And Jonathan is getting better at nursing! He’s starting to get it. We are still finishing him off with a bottle because he’s just so so tired, and nursing is so much work for him.  Oh and another awesome thing is we are able to get him circumcised here which is going to save us a ton of money! I can’t believe how much cheaper it is here than in Fergus. Tomorrow morning is his big day. If there are any guys reading this I’m sure you’re cringing. My husband is glad he won’t be here to say the least.
Well, that’s about all I can think of for now. I must say the highlight of my day was getting to snuggle with Jonathan today after everyone went home. It just doesn't get any better than that.  One other thing... tonight after Chris left I was thinking about that scripture in James where it says we are to rejoice at the testing of our faith because of what it develops in you. Wow! What a scripture. (I was going to type it in here but I'm being too lazy now) It’s one thing to read it and say, “Ok yeah…that’s good….sure rejoice when things like this happen.” But, it’s another to actually do it in the midst of it. So, tonight that’s what I’ll be doing- practicing rejoicing with my Father. Hopefully I’ll succeed. But if I don’t, there’s always tomorrow. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Love love love it, Danielle!
    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, make your requests known to God. And the PEACE OF GOD will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the verse for you Danielle, you're not being lazy, you are a tired momma, so let your friends help you... :)

    James 1: 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

    You encourage me to press on! Love you!

    ReplyDelete